Kalamunda Visitor Information
Kalamunda is a town located in the Perth Hills region of Western Australia. It is approximately 25 kilometers east of Perth and is part of the City of Kalamunda local government area. The town has a rich history and is a popular tourist destination for its scenic beauty and outdoor activities.
Things to Do
- Bibbulmun Track: The Bibbulmun Track is a walking trail that spans over 1000 kilometers from Kalamunda to Albany. It passes through the Perth Hills region and provides stunning views of the landscape.
- Kanyana Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre: Kanyana is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to rescuing and rehabilitating injured wildlife. Visitors can take a tour of the center and see the animals up close.
- Lesmurdie Falls: The Lesmurdie Falls are located in the Perth Hills national park and provide a beautiful backdrop for a picnic or hike.
- Kalamunda History Village: The Kalamunda History Village is a collection of historic buildings, including an old schoolhouse, post office, and general store. It provides a glimpse into the town's past.
- Canoeing or kayaking: The Canning River runs through Kalamunda, and visitors can rent canoes or kayaks and explore the waterways.
Eating and Drinking
There are plenty of dining options in Kalamunda, from cafes and bakeries to restaurants and pubs. Here are a few popular choices:
- The Cavern: This pub and restaurant specializes in craft beer and hearty meals. It has a cozy atmosphere, with fireplaces and a beer garden.
- The Kalamunda Hotel: The Kalamunda Hotel has been a local favorite since 1902. It features a bistro, beer garden, and live music.
- Kalamunda Bakery: The Kalamunda Bakery is famous for its pies, pasties, and other baked goods. It's the perfect place to grab a snack before heading out to explore the town.
Kalamunda is easily accessible by car, and there is plenty of parking available. If you don't have a car, you can take a public bus from Perth.
There are several options for accommodation in Kalamunda, including hotels, bed and breakfasts, and holiday rentals. Here are a few options:
- Discovery Parks Perth Airport: This holiday park offers a range of accommodations, including cabins, villas, and caravan sites. It's located just a short drive from Kalamunda.
- Kalamunda Carriages and 3 Gums Cottage: These bed and breakfasts offer a cozy and unique experience. The Carriages are renovated train carriages, while 3 Gums Cottage is a historic stone cottage.
- The Good Life B&B: This bed and breakfast offers stunning views of the Perth Hills and is located just a short walk from Kalamunda's town center.
Kalamunda is a charming town located in the Perth Hills region of Western Australia. It offers a range of outdoor activities, historic sites, and dining options. Whether you're looking for a day trip or a longer stay, Kalamunda is well worth a visit.